A Valentine’s Gift for Your Girlfriend That Says What You Mean
Some people think of Valentine’s Day as the day for giving flowers and chocolates to your loved one. Others think of it as a day for expressing innermost feelings, and sharing affectionate words with those that you love. We’re inclined to agree with the latter school of thought, and an excellent way to do this is by giving your sweetheart a gift from the heart.
What are you trying to say?
The most important thing to consider when you’re looking for the best Valentine’s gift for your girlfriend is the message that you’re attempting to convey.
- I really like you and am looking forward to spending more time
- I really love you a lot and want to spend the rest of my life with you
- I think you’re beautiful
- I’m proud of the difference you’ve made to my life
- I’m going to buy you a gift because I’m interested to see what I’ll receive in return
- The last one was a bit of a joke, but whatever you’re trying to say there are a wealth of gifts you can choose that will match your message.
Tips on finding the best Valentine’s gift for your girlfriend
It’s not always easy to choose a gift for your girlfriend, especially if you’ve not known each other very long. There follows a few simple tips on discovering more about your special lady, and suggestions on the perfect gift for her.
- Try and find out about her hobbies and what she prefers doing. You could choose the direct route and simply ask her one evening over dinner or drinks, or ask some of her friends and family if you’re acquainted with them.
- If you’re a little uncertain about what you’re trying to say, then set up an unusual date. If she’s the outdoor kind of person why not
enjoy a picnic under the stars. However, you might need to take a blanket. The UK isn’t known for sunny weather, particularly not in February, so you might need to cuddle up to keep warm.
- Have a scavenger hunt, with clues dotted over the town or city where you live. Your girlfriend will have fun looking for all the clues, but make sure there’s a special prize at the end.
- If you want to let your girlfriend know that she’s special, consider writing her a love note or poem. In it you can tell her all the things you like about her, and she’s going to think that’s really sweet.
- If your girl is the arty type then why not take her to an exhibition? Or maybe music is more her thing, in which case tickets to a music concert are sure to go down well.
- Depending on how intimate your relationship is you might consider buying her some lingerie. Take care though, because some ladies might be very offended by this kind of gift.
Ways to make her feel special on Valentine’s Day
One of the most popular messages that’s conveyed on Valentine’s Day is that you consider your girlfriend to be very special. There are lots of ways to convey this message so please don’t start to panic. You can give her flowers, chocolates, jewellery or some other kind of gift, and you can also choose to spend some quality time together. Your girl will absolutely love it when you go that extra mile, and it shouldn’t be that hard either. It should, in fact, come naturally. After all, you want to do the best you can and will move mountains to put a smile on her face.
However, we completely understand that you might be feeling a little out of your depth, so we’re going to help with some of the basics when it comes to making your girlfriend feel good.
Compliment her – And we don’t mean just her appearance. There are thousands of people with self-esteem issues, and your girlfriend might just be one of them. Compliment her on her sense of humour, her taste and her intelligence. It’ll do wonders for her psyche and give her a boost.
Pay attention to the little details – Try and anticipate her needs and fulfil them. For example, she might have goosebumps, which could mean that she’s feeling the cold. In which case offer to lend her your jacket. Notice when she’s changed her appearance or is wearing something new, and compliment her on the change.
Give her gifts – And what better time than on Valentine’s Day. Although we should point out here that gifts are for giving throughout the year, not just on holidays, birthdays and special occasions.
We hope you and your girlfriend have a great Valentine’s Day, and there’s the promise of many more to come.