Looking for the Best Valentine Gift? We’re here to Help
Valentine’s Day is looming on the horizon, and whether it’s for your spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend, finding a gift that matches your feelings isn’t always easy. What is the right direction, when faced with sentimental, useful, quirky and humorous ideas for the best Valentines gifts? Whatever you might be thinking, finding the right Valentines day gifts, isn’t a job for your lunch break. You’re not going to be successful in five minutes. Be prepared to spend quite a substantial amount of time choosing, if you want your gift to be the best. Don’t start to panic though, because that’s the whole point of this website. To help you in this very important quest, and give you all the tools needed to do a good job. So let’s start off with the whole reason for giving your sweetheart, or long time love, a Valentine’s Day gift.
An elegant matching set
- Crafted from genuine blue miniature rose petals and pure 24 karat gold.
- Decorated with 30 brilliant synthetic diamonds.
- Fast dispatch and express delivery for free.
- Price: £89.00
Gold-Dipped Natural Rose
- It perfectly combines the beauty of a natural rose and the majesty of fine 24K gold.
- Presented in an exquisite leather case.
- It comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Price: £119.00
Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- A playable deck of poker cards dipped in 24 karat gold.
- Presented in an elegant high quality case made from cherry-wood.
- The deck is produced to tournament grade standards.
- Price: £129.00
The emotions behind the best Valentine Day gifts are what’s important
For some people, Valentine’s Day is just about giving flowers and candy, but for others it is about expressing those innermost feelings felt for a certain someone. It can be your wife, husband, boyfriend or girlfriend, but Valentine’s wishes are given to friends, family members and even school teachers. Whatever you may think of the whole celebration, take the opportunity this year to show that special someone how much you care. Unless you’re a real Casanova, we’ll readily admit that it’s not going to be easy. But with a little thought and careful planning you’re going to make their day.
First you must think about the message you want to convey. Do you simply want to let them know how much you love them, think they’re the most beautiful person in the world, or convey admiration from afar? Once you’ve decided, you need to find a gift that fits. Sounds pretty easy? Let’s help with a few tips on how it’s done.
- Find out the hobbies and interests of the person you want to get Valentine’s Day gifts for. This tip will give you a few clues on what to give.
- If you’re a little unsure about the level of your relationship, try to set up a date, and enjoy doing something together.
- Why not organise your very own treasure hunt, with clues to the location of your gift all over the house?
- How about writing her a poem? If you don’t think you have the skills, choose one online.
- Don’t be embarrassed about asking for help. Get some advice from parents, friends and people who might know your beloved better than you do. This advice will be very helpful if you’ve not known them very long.
- Try and keep things simple to avoid any miscommunication.
Now you might be wondering what is the point of a gift, so let’s look into the whole psychology of gift giving.
Gifts are for giving – this is so true
You may be surprised to know It has significant psychological benefits. It is considered to be a good way to show gratitude, appreciation and interest, as well as serving to strengthen bonds. It is said that the giving of a gift is far more beneficial for your psyche than receiving one. It’s an act of altruism, which means that you’re showing concern for another person, without expecting anything in return, thus improving your psychological well-being. The giving of a gift makes you feel good inside, and there’s one very good reason for doing it. Think of the sense of satisfaction you’ll get when you see a smile on the recipients face.
Some experts consider gift giving to be a destresser, but the act of trying to find the perfect gift can raise your stress levels. Which is why it’s important not to get in a panic, and why we’re here to help. It’s also worthwhile pointing out that some of the best Valentine Day gifts don’t have to cost money. There are ways you can show your feelings for someone without dipping into your wallet. A simple card, with some well-chosen words, is more than sufficient if your budget is limited. A gift doesn’t have to cost the earth for the giver and receiver to feel good.
What does your man really want for his Valentine’s Day gift?
While ladies view Valentine’s Day as a day for romance, hearts, flowers, chocolates and sentimental gifts, men, on the whole, don’t view this day in quite the same way. They would much prefer tickets to a game, or some hot action in the bedroom. But this doesn’t mean you’re going to struggle to come up with the perfect gift. You just need to think more on a practical level.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Some say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and for some this is definitely true. So why not bake up a storm in the kitchen by either baking him a cake, or a gourmet five course dinner?
- Other things that men really like are electronic gadgets and gizmos. Your special man is going to be delighted when he opens your gift and finds an iPod, MP3 player for his car, or the newest games console inside.
- Appeal to his personal taste with tickets to a sporting event, music concert or movie premiere. Think of it as a challenge to come up with an idea that he’ll love. You never know he might want to take you along as well.
- Chocolates and flowers don’t just have to be gifts for the fairer sex. Some men would be blown away by this kind of gift. Find the finest box of chocolates, preferably heart-shaped, and indulge his sweet tooth. For a gift of flowers, why not choose the traditional red rose?
- Look for a gift that’s connected with his hobby. He might love fishing, in which case a new fishing rod or some tackle would be perfect. If he loves movies, you could give him a box set of his favorite hero. If he loves to relax by reading a book, maybe you could buy him the latest ereader, and he’ll never be stuck for something to read again.
The gift you choose for your special man will help to set the tone of the day. Score big on the gift giving scale, and he’s going to want to repay the favor.
What would your special lady love to receive for her Valentine’s Day gift this year?
Valentine’s Day can be a challenge, whether you’re in a new relationship, been together for years, and even if you’re single. You’re going to be looking for something that’s fun, special and preferably unique. There’s also a line you have to be careful not to cross. Buying a gift that’s way over the top, or horrendously expensive, when your other half has only bought a small token gift. Choosing this course of action is only going to lead to unwelcome drama in your relationship. We’re going to follow with some helpful suggestions, suitable for a range of budgets and scenarios.
A couple’s massage – The perfect way to spend your Valentine’s Day.
A romantic spa night at home – A great option if panic has set in because you left your gift buying till the last minute, and found that all the best tables at your favorite restaurant have been taken.
Sweets for your sweetheart – Bog standard chocolates and candy are a bit cliche, but you can turn this gift up a notch by creating your own flavors, adding your own special treats and personalizing the packaging.
Open a bottle of the good stuff – crack open a bottle of the good stuff, or a bottle of bubbly.
The good, the bad, and the ugly Valentines Day gifts
Looking for a way to say in your partner’s good books? A great way to make sure you don’t spend the night on the couch is by giving your beloved unique Valentine’s Day gifts. Spending time with your significant other is an important part of this special holiday, but also required is a memorable gift. You’ll find lots of suggestions on this website as to what are the best gifts to give her, so we thought it was time to talk about the gifts you really should avoid.
Getting her nothing at all will be the biggest faux pas in your relationship, but there are also certain gifts that come pretty close.
Accessories for her car – While she might love her car, she won’t love it as much as you do yours. So accessories for the car such as steering wheel covers, floor mats, or fluffy dice are a big no no.
A gift card – She’s going to think that you’ve put no effort into choosing this Valentine’s gift, and let’s be honest here, you really haven’t. Yes, we’ll agree that you might have been completed stumped, but this isn’t going to be well reflected, in a $50 gift card from some random shop at the Mall.
A dieting or self-help book – This is not a good choice, as it’s only going to remind her of any shortcomings or neurosis she might have.
Only buy clothing if you’re sure of her size – Buy her an item of clothing that’s on the large side, and she’s going to think that you think she’s too fat. Buy her something that is too small, she’s going to feel fat.
So that’s all for this page, but not all for the help and advice we’re planning to give you. We’ll be looking at lots of other ways you can show a special person how much you care, including homemade, personalized and cool Valentine’s Day gifts. We hope that you find the information useful and go on to having a great Valentine’s Day with your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife. Not just this coming year, but for many years into the future.